Protecting every school and every student, every day.
About the Clark County Safe Schools Task Force
School safety should be a priority for all parents, educators, students, and community members. Students and educators have a right to attend schools that are safe and conducive to learning and achievement, yet schools often experience critical incidents such as suicide, natural disasters, or a mass casualty event that has a devastating impact on students, parents, educators and the community.
The purpose of the Clark County Safe School Task Force is to bring together schools, emergency responders and other local agencies to address the four phases of crisis management: prevention, preparedness, response and recovery. The goal is to develop safety plans, procedures, resources and training that would empower school staff to act quickly and knowledgeably in an emergency.
We provide research-based education, tools, resources and training to ensure the safest possible learning environment for the youth of our nation.
Our mission is to support school crisis prevention, response, and recovery, and to protect every school and every student, every day.
Trainings & Meetings
2022 School Administrators’ Virtual Emergency Training Summit
Keynote: Leading for Equity: Practices that promote safety and belonging by Dr. Charlene Williams
- Monday, August 1, 2022
- 8:00 A.M. to 12:00 P.M.
Clock Hour Information for Attendees:
- Sessions are listed in the registration platform.
- Attendee clicks “plan to attend” for any session they plan to attend.
- Then, attendee will click “join” for live sessions or “on demand” for on demand sessions.
- Once that session has completed, a survey will be available. Click “take survey”.
- After completing the survey, a certificate of completion will show that can be printed or saved.
To Claim Hours:
- Log in to www.pdenroller.org/welcome. If you do not have an account then you must register for one.
- Once logged in, go to: www.pdenroller.clockhours OR go to the “clock hours” top dropdown menu and select “Claim Clock Hours”
- Enter clock hour claim code: 3WA-T52
- Upload certificates of completion
- Claim number of hours attended and affirm
- Take survey and pay if applicable
- Clock hours will be confirmed within 30 days
Creating safe environments is a complex effort that includes:
Director of Athletics and School Security
Vancouver Public Schools
If you have a question about the insurance programs or services we offer to districts, please reach out to:
Risk Management Matters
Sign up for our Risk Management Matters newsletter to get the latest tips right in your inbox!