SafeSchools is an online safety training and tracking system designed specifically for school employees.
All SafeSchools courses are set in a school environment and are authored by leading school safety specialists. Courses include topics in nutritional services, health, employee and student safety, human resources, transportation, informational technology, social and behavioral, environmental, security, special education, and emergency management.
This training program is provided to member districts of the Southwest Washington Workers’ Compensation Trust and Southwest Washington Risk Management Insurance Cooperative because it is our goal to encourage safe work habits, reduce employee injuries and protect school districts from unnecessary costs related to other liability issues.
School District Links
Information about SafeSchools is available at www.safeschools.com. Click on your district link below to login:
Clock Hours Checklist
Clock hours for SafeSchools On-line Safety Training
To earn clock hours for SafeSchools on-line training during the school year:
- Participants must be an employee of a school district that participates in the SafeSchools on-line training program through the Southwest Washington Workers’ Compensation Trust, Southwest Washington Risk Management Insurance Cooperative or Washington Schools Risk Management Pool.
- Contact your principal to find out if SafeSchools on-line training is available for your district. They will be able to provide individual login information.
- Complete all courses assigned by your school district.
- Choose other classes from the list of available courses.
- Successfully complete the quiz for each course.
- Complete a minimum of 3 and a maximum of 10 hours of training (1/2 hour increments) between September 1, 2018 and August 31, 2019.
- Document course completion by printing a copy of My Training History, which will include the titles of each class, date completed and length of each course. Calculate your clock hours by adding the minutes in the time required column and dividing by 60. Round to the nearest 1/2 hour.
- Clock hour credit will be reduced if it is determined that actual completion times are significantly less than the stated times.
- Complete Program Evaluation/In-service Registration forms.
- The Course number for 2018-2019 is VAH0084
- The Course number for 2017-2018 is VAG0574
- The Course number for 2016-2017 is VAF0113
- The Course number for 2015-2016 is VAE0142
- Clock hour registration fee information is available on the back of the In-service Registration form.
Clock hour checklist:
□ Training history with combined training times of at least 3 and up to 10 hours between September 1, 2018 and August 31, 2019
□ Completed Program Evaluation/In-service Registration forms
□ Fee for clock hours enclosed (unless paid for by your district)
□ Send this information through the postal service or district courier to:
If you have a question about any of our insurance programs or services, please reach out to:
Director of Insurance Programs
Risk Management Matters
Sign up for our Risk Management Matters newsletter to get the latest tips right in your inbox!