Transforming learning communities with technology.
About Digital Learning Services
The Digital Learning Services program at ESD 112 provides a variety of services that meet the various needs of the districts we serve. With our vision of transforming learning communities with technology, we are excited to assist schools and districts in using technology effectively for all aspects of teaching and learning.
Our strategic plan is based on our core set of beliefs that will guide us as we develop services in our region:
- The use and integration of technology is not a goal in itself. Rather, its power comes from supporting a larger purpose.
- In this interconnected world, a classroom is not a 21st century classroom if technology is not an integral part of the learning environment. Because of its power to engage students and educators in problem-solving, visualizing and analyzing data, communicating and collaborating, and creating new ideas and products, technology is a requirement in today’s classroom.
- A good technology solution is defined by its power to transform, and not by its glitz.
- Sometimes, technology can be used to “do things differently.” At other times, technology should be used to “do different things.” Both are acceptable.
- High-quality professional development, including sustained instructional coaching and facilitation of professional learning communities, is key to successful technology implementation.
Schools that are preparing students for their future.
To promote 21st century learning experiences by providing leadership, developing model classrooms, delivering professional development, offering technical assistance and providing ongoing support for the effective use of technology.
Programs & Services
The Digital Learning Services Program provides a variety of professional development opportunities for teachers, administrators and other school staff. We’re focused on helping teachers create 21st-century, student-centered learning experiences in their classrooms, creating teacher leaders in the area of technology, and demonstrating how systemic change can happen relatively quickly in a school or district–even if you start small.
Need training on a new (or new-to-you) technology? We offer online and in-person workshops throughout the year on technology topics of interest to teachers. A few examples:
- Google Apps and Chromebooks
- Technology tools for media literacy, differentiation, and formative assessment
- Managing devices in the classroom
- Integrating technology like smartboards, tablets, and VR
Don’t see what you need? Just ask us–we can create and deliver customized workshops for schools and districts in our region.
Focused and Sustained Professional Development
Sometimes, attending a single workshop isn’t enough to really transform a classroom or a leadership role. For districts and educators who want to go a step further, we offer custom, long-term professional development opportunities that can take teaching and learning to the next level.
Check out our current technology professional development class offerings and register for courses at PDEnroller.org.
Digital Learning Services offers special events throughout the year, including the Washington Summit featuring Google Apps for Education, the annual Administrative Professionals’ Conference at ESD 112. and many others. Want a summit in your district? Contact us!
Growth & Eval
Professional Growth and Evaluation
Support for Teacher and Principal Evaluation Project
The Digital Learning Services program offers support, assistance and professional development on digital tools that support teacher and principal professional growth.
Our professional development offering include a range of topics, from using Washington’s own online eVAL tool as a support to growth and evaluation activities, to using technology for lesson capture and principal walk-throughs, to improving instructional and professional practice in the frameworks:
Digital Learning Contacts
Integrated Educational Technology Coordinator
Instructional Technology Coordinator
Secretary II, Student and School Success
Free Google Apps for Education Resources
Enjoy these free tips, tricks, video tutorials, and ideas for using Google Apps in your classroom courtesy of the DigitalBug.
Quick Video Tutorials
How to Loop or Autoplay a Google Presentation
How to Set Domain Autocomplete in Google Console
Finding your Chrome Web Store Apps
To schedule professional development for your school, district or agency
Because of the high demand for our workshops, you are encouraged to talk to one of the DigitalBug experts as soon as possible to get on their calendar.