Invitations to Bid (ITB), Request for Proposals (RFP), & Request for Quotes (RFQ)
Invitations to Bid
An invitation to bid (ITB) or invitation for bid (IFB) is an invitation to contractors or equipment suppliers, through a bidding process, to submit a proposal on a specific project to be realized or product or service to be furnished. The ITB is focused on pricing and not on ideas or concepts. An offer given in response to an ITB is a bid, which should not be confused with a quote. “Offer” means a response to a solicitation that, if accepted, would bind the bidder to perform the resultant contract. A quote is not an offer and, consequently, cannot be accepted to form a binding contract.
If not stated otherwise, the contractor or supplier with the lowest bid is awarded the contract, provided that they meet the minimum criteria for the bid. This is in contrast to a request for proposal (RFP), in which case other reasons (technology used, quality) might cause or allow choice of the second best offer.
Current open Invitations to Bid are listed below by ITB #, date published and submittal due date. All related documentation is included for each respective ITB.
ITB Number: #ESD 112-17-18
Date Published: 10-17-18
Proposal Due Date: 11-7-18 (no later than 2:00 pm)
ITB #ESD 112-17-18 Documents:
- ITB #ESD 112-17-18: Reprographic and Specialty Paper and Envelopes
- Affadavits: Currently not available
- Questions and answers related to ITB #ESD 112-17-18
ITB Number: #ESD112-LE-18B
Date Published: 8/17/18
Submittal Due Date: 10/16/18 (no later than 3:30 pm PST)
ITB #ESD112-LE-18B Documents:
- LearningEdge ITB #ESD112-LE-18B (Part 1 of 2) (Updated with addenda 9/17/18)
- LearningEdge Contract #ESD112-LE-18B (Part 2 of 2)
- Evaluation Rubric
- Addendum #01 – Scope of Work, Catalog Categories
- Addendum #02 – Glossary of Terms
- Addendum #03 – Appendix G
- Bid forms: (All Bid Forms have been updated with addenda 9/17/18)
- 1.1 Student Desks and Teacher Desks
- 1.2 Seating, Chairs, Benches
- 1.3 Soft Seating and Flexible Furniture
- 1.4 Tables
- 1.5 Maker-Spaces Classroom Furniture and Equipment
- 1.6 Early Childhood Furniture, Carpets and Equipment
- 1.7 Ancillary School and Classroom Solutions
- 1.8 Library, Media Furniture and Equipment
- 1.9 Cafeteria Furniture and Equipment
- 1.10 Office Furniture, Storage and Equipment
- 1.11 Cabinets and Shelving
- 1.12 Gym, Sports Equipment and Storage
- 1.13 Outdoor Furniture
- 1.14 Playground Equipment
- 1.15 Boards: Black, Tackable, Display and Magnetic
- 1.16 Maintenance, Grounds, Custodial Equipment
- 1.17 Signage
- 1.18 Theater, Stage Equipment and Theater Lighting
- 1.19 Security Window Coverings
Oregon DJC – Pre-Bid Notice
Oregon DJC – Bid Notice
Columbian – Bid Notice
Seattle DJC – Bid Notice
Puget Sound Business Journal – Bid Notice
Idaho Statesman – Bid Notice
- September 7, 2018 – Mandatory Virtual Bidders’ Conference 10:00 am PST – Click here to register for this event. Registration is required.
*Bidders’ shall attend the mandatory conference in order to be eligible for an award.
- Video recording of conference has been posted following the broadcast of the Virtual Bidders’ Conference.
- Questions and Answers – This document has been updated with the questions from the Virtual Bidders’ Conference: This is the final posting of Q/A’s uploaded on 9/17/18
- Final date for questions to be submitted to the purchasing department is 9/13/18
- Final posting date for Q/A and any addenda is 9/17/18
The LearningEdge ITB, Contract, and all supporting documents are provided on this webpage. Following the launch of the LearningEdge contracts, the LearningEdge website will serve as the source for additonal information regarding LearningEdge.
As noted all questions and inquiries regarding the LearningEdge ITB and Bid submittal shall be directed to the Purchasing Department at 360-952-3415 or emailed to Bunny.Stevens@esd112.org
A request for proposal (RFP) is a document that solicits proposal, often made through a bidding process, by an agency or company interested in procurement of a commodity, service, or valuable asset, to potential suppliers to submit business proposals. It is submitted early in the procurement cycle, either at the preliminary study, or procurement stage.
An RFP is used where the request requires technical expertise, specialized capability, or where the product or service being requested does not yet exist, and the proposal may require research and development to create whatever is being requested.
The RFP presents preliminary requirements for the commodity or service, and may dictate to varying degrees the exact structure and format of the supplier’s response. Effective RFPs typically reflect the strategy and short/long-term business objectives, providing detailed insight upon which suppliers will be able to offer a matching perspective.
RFP’s are focused on more than just pricing and cost, they entail bit of consulting from the contractor or vendor.
In principle, an RFP:
- Informs suppliers that an organization is looking to procure and encourages them to make their best effort.
- Requires the company to specify what it proposes to purchase. If the requirements analysis has been prepared properly, it can be incorporated quite easily into the Request document.
- Alerts suppliers that the selection process is competitive.
- Allows for wide distribution and response.
- Ensures that suppliers respond factually to the identified requirements.
- Is generally expected to follow a structured evaluation and selection procedure, so that an organization can demonstrate impartiality – a crucial factor in public sector procurement’s.
Please email us if you plan on participating in the RFP process so we can add you to the plan holders list. We will then be able to include you on any future emails regarding questions and answers or addenda.
Current open RFP’s are listed below by RFP #, date published and submittal due date. All related documentation is included for each respective RFP.
RFP Number:#ESD 112-4-18
Date Published: 10-11-18
Proposal Due Date: 11-8-18 (no later than 2:00 pm)
RFP #ESD 112-4-18 Documents:
- RFP #ESD 112-4-18: Plumbing Services
- Affadavits: Currently not available
- Questions and answers related to RFP #ESD 112-4-18
Title: Request for Proposal for Insurance Brokerage Services for the Southwest Washington Risk Management Insurance Cooperative
Date Published: 9-14-18
Proposal Due Date: October 19, 2018 (no later than 4:30 pm PST)
All questions to be submitted in writing.
Questions Due Date: October 8, 2018
RFP for Insurance Brokerage Services (document contains a complete list of important dates)
Questions and Answers related to RFP – Updated 10/10/18
Education Service District 112 is soliciting proposals for telecommunications products and services for the ESD 112 E-rate Consortium. Products/services sought for districts include: voice and data communications services, network hardware, network wiring, and installation services. Funding for selected products and services will be requested from the E-rate program. Interested parties may obtain downloadable copies of the RFP documents listed below.
Date published: January 16, 2018
Submittal due date: February 13, 2018
Send all proposals, quotes etc as outlined on page 3 of the RFP #ESD112-Erate-2018 document below.
RFP #ESD112-Erate-2018 Documents:
A request for quotation (RFQ) is a standard business process whose purpose is to invite suppliers into a bidding process to bid on specific products or services. RFQ generally means the same thing as ITB (Invitation to Bid) or IFB (Invitation For Bid).
An RFQ typically involves more than the price per item. Information like payment terms, quality level per item or contract length may be requested during the bidding process.
To receive correct quotes, RFQs often include the specifications of the items or services to make sure all the suppliers are bidding on the same item or service. Logically, the more detailed the specifications, the more accurate the quote will be and comparable to the other suppliers. Another reason for being detailed in sending out an RFQ is that the specifications could be used as legal binding documentation for the suppliers. RFQs are best suited to products and services that are as standardized, as this makes each supplier’s quote comparable.
An RFQ allows different contractors to provide a quotation, among which the best will be selected. It also makes the potential for competitive bidding a lot higher, since the suppliers could be quite certain that they are not the only ones bidding for the products.
Please email us if you plan on participating in the RFQ process so we can add you to the plan holders list. We will then be able to include you on any future emails regarding questions and answers or addenda.
Current open RFQ’s are listed below by RFQ #, date published and submittal due date. All related documentation is included for each respective RFQ.
RFPs and RFQs are published on behalf of ESD 112 for educational organizations to ensure competitive pricing and availability of qualified vendors. The awarded RFP and RFQ’s are a result of competitively bid contracts that are awarded following the submittal of bids as outlined in the respective ITB, RFP or RFQ tabs.
Contract awarding is the method used during a procurement in order to evaluate the proposals taking part and award the relevant contract. Usually at this stage the eligibility of the proposals has been concluded. So it remains to choose the most preferable among the proposed. There are several different methods for this, which are obviously related to the proposition method asked by the procurement management.
Contracts are the binding agreements that result following the ITB, RFP and RFQ process.
ITB Number: #ESD112-DE-18A
Date Published: 11/6/17
Submittal Due Date: 12/19/17 (no later than 3:30 pm)
ITB #ESD112-DE-18A Documents:
- DigitalEdge ITB #ESD112-DE-18A Final – with addenda (Part 1 of 2) With Addenda 11/21/17
- DigitalEdge Contract #ESD112-DE-18A (Part 2 of 2)
Check the DigitalEdge website under the For Vendors menu tab for the following documents:
- Bid forms, Evaluation Rubric, Affidavits, Q/A, addenda
- Date and important information regarding the Mandatory Virtual Bidders Conference and video recording of conference
ITB Number: #ESD 112-6-17
Date Published: 10/30/17
Submittal Due Date: 11/16/17 (no later than 2:00 pm)
Date Awarded: 11/29/17
Awarded to: Deluxe
ITB #ESD 112-6-17 Documents:
Bid No. ESD112-ETC-17
Notice to Original Equipment Manufacturers, Resellers and Distributors of Audio-Visual and Television Production Equipment
Notice is hereby given that The Vancouver Educational Telecommunication Consortium (TV-ETC), and Educational Service District 112 (ESD 112), fiscal agent, Vancouver, Washington, shall receive formal sealed bids for audio-visual and television production equipment. Bids shall be submitted to the TV-ETC department at Educational Service District 112, 2500 NE 65th Avenue, Vancouver, WA 98661 by 4:00 p.m. on January 25, 2018. Bids shall be opened and publicly read on January 26, 2018 at 9:00 a.m. at ESD 112. All interested persons are entitled to attend the bid opening.
This Invitation to Bid (ITB) has been published in newspapers or business journals of general circulation pursuant to applicable laws. In addition, the (ITB) and associated bid documents are posted on ESD 112’s procurement web site at as of December 15, 2017.
ESD 112 reserves the right to reject any or all bids, to waive informalities, and to accept only such bids or portion of any bids as may be to the best interest of TV-ETC, and ESD 112, or to reissue the ITB.
Please refer to the five bid documents on this page. Complete and return them by 4:00 p.m. on January 25, 2018.
Please contact Rose Yandell, TV ETC Coordinator, email@example.com or 360-952-3643 with any questions. Any addendums to the bid will be posted on this page. Bidders are responsible for checking this page for any changes in the bid.
Note: This contract has been awarded.
RFP Number: #ESD 112-14-18
Date Published: 6-6-18
Proposal Due Date: June 19, 2018 (no later than 2:00 pm PST)
Date Awarded: 6-27-18
Awarded to: CBRE Inc.
Questions and answers related to RFP: N/A
RFP Number: #ESD 112-9-18
Date Published: 5-31-18
Proposal Due Date: June 21, 2018 (no later than 2:00 pm PST)
Date Awarded: 7-16-18
Awarded to: Life Works
Affidavit ESD 112-9-18
Questions and answers related to RFP: N/A
Title: Request for Proposal for Actuarial Services for the Southwest Washington Risk Management Insurance Cooperative
Date Published: 5-11-18
Proposal Due Date: June 8, 2018
Date Awarded : June 25, 2018
Awarded to: PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP
Managing Director: Kevin Wick, FCAS, MAAA
Questions and Answers related to RFP: N/A
Actuary RFP Q/A – Updated 5/11/18
RFP Number: #ESD 112-10-18
Date Published: 5-9-18
Proposal Due Date: June 6, 2018 (no later than 2:00 pm PST)
Date Awarded: 7-16-18
Awarded to: Support for Early Learning and Families (SELF)
Affidavit: Affidavit ESD 112-10-18
Questions and answers related to RFP:
Q/A are included in the Addendum No. 01 PDF below
RFP Number: #ESD 112-5-18 CANCELLED
Date Published: 1-12-18
Proposal Due Date: January 26, 2018 (no later than 2:00 pm PST)
Extended due date per addenda: February 2, 2018 (no later than 2:00 pm PST)
- RFP #ESD 112-5-18: Digital Press / Production Equipment
- Affidavit #ESD 112-5-18
- Questions and answers related to RFP: N/A
- Addenda: # 01 – Corrections to instructions and extension
- Addenda related documents:
- Determination Letter – Cancellation
RFP Number: #ESD 112-2-18
Date Published: 12-4-17
Proposal Due Date: 1-11-18 (no later than 2:00 pm PST)
Date Awarded: February 1, 2018
Awarded to: Innovative Services NW
RFP #ESD 112-2-18 Documents:
RFP Number:#ESD 112-7-17
Date Awarded: 11-14-17
Date Published: 11-13-17
Proposal Due Date: 12-7-17 (no later than 2:00 pm)
RFP #ESD 112-7-17 Documents:
RFP Number:#ESD 112-1-17
Date Awarded: 11-14-17
Proposal Due Date:10-26-17 (no later than 2:00 pm)
RFP #ESD 112-1-17 Documents:
Awarded RFQ / Small Works (SW)
RFQ #ESD 112-13-18
Date Awarded: 6-1-18
Awarded to: CBRE Valuation & Advisory Services
Date Awarded: 2/2/18
Awarded to: Shields Painting
RFQ#ESD 112-8-18SW – Rebid
Date Awarded: 3/2/18
Awarded to: SEALPAVE LLC
RFQ# ESD 112-4-17SW
Date Awarded: 10/16/17
Awarded to: Michael’s Floor Covering