We are now providing a higher–quality learning environment for our children.
What is Early Achievers and the Quality Rating and Improvement System
Early Achievers is a comprehensive, statewide, research-based program that provides free supports and resources to child care providers so they can make improvements to their programs.
Early Achievers also provides an easy-to-understand quality rating system. The rating system helps families find child care programs that are engaged in continuous quality improvements efforts and have had their quality validated by the University of Washington.
How Does Early Achievers Work?
Early Achievers works in partnership with the Department of Early Learning, Child Care Aware of Washington and the University of Washington. Early Care & Education manages Washington State’s Quality Rating and Improvement System for Southwest Washington. A key strategy of the Statewide Early Learning Plan, Early Achievers seeks to improve the quality of child care and early learning programs. This is a voluntary program where participants receive training, coaching, resources and support.
There is no cost to participate
Early Achievers gives providers access to coaching and professional development opportunities. Early Achievers also offers support and resources to help early learning professionals, both family home providers and centers, improve the quality of their care.
Resources for Families and Providers
These wonderful videos were produced in partnership with Child Care Aware of Washington, University of Washington and Department of Early Learning.
- Parents, view the Early Achievers Video for Parents to learn more about the benefits of quality early childcare.
- Child care providers, view Early Achievers Video for Providers to learn more about the benefits of being involved with Early Achievers!
Department of Early Learning Resources for Families
- Families- Learn more about Early Achievers
- You Have a Choice! Guide for Choosing quality Child Care
- ¡Usted tiene una opción! Una guía para encontrar cuidado de niños de calidad
- How are your local early learning programs preparing children to succeed?
- ¿De qué modo sus programas de aprendizaje temprano locales están preparando a los niños para triunfar?
Professional Development Opportunities
For information on Early Achievers Professional Development, please contact Sam Stevens at 360.952.3361.
Southwest Washington Early Achievers Team
The Southwest Washington Early Achievers team is dedicated to ensuring that Early Achiever participants receive access to trainings, resources, scholarship opportunities, and ongoing technical assistance and support. Each team member values the work that early learning professionals are doing in the community and look forward to partnering to ensure quality child care opportunities for children and their families.