Our goal is to ensure that all students have equitable access to computer science through teacher trainings and materials
A STEM Initiative in Computer Science
CS@112 creates a hub of professional learning, technology and resources to support computer science education in Southwest Washington schools. The goal of CS@112 is to ensure that all students have the opportunity to engage in computer science through equitable access to teacher training and materials.
This initiative leverages existing structures of computer science in the region and bolsters access to all school districts ESD112 serves by:
- Providing free computer science professional development
- Integrating computer science hardware and software into existing elementary science kits
- Developing three new middle school STEM + Computer Science kits for loan
- Planning a LEGO robotics loan program
- Providing professional development for STEM Robotics 101 and Advanced Robotics to 36 middle school teachers
- Training teacher leaders to deliver Code.org curriculum to over 100 elementary and middle school teachers
- Connecting high school students and teachers to high-tech business and industry through a partnership with the SW WA STEM Network and the Vancouver Chamber of Commerce
- Providing professional development for administrators and counselors on computer science
STEM Cutting Edge
By the Numbers—Project Outreach
Value adds for SMC Members
Teachers are able to check out the equipment below at no cost, if their districts are STEM Materials Center (SMC) members and they have received training from ESD.