Keeping Washington’s students healthy for 20 years.
School Nurse Corp Program
The School Nurse Corps, in partnership with schools, families and communities, improves student health outcomes, safety, and readiness to learn. The School Nurse Corps promotes equity by increasing access to student health services, and expanding public school districts’ capacity to provide a safe and healthy learning environment.
SNC Nurse Administrator Services
The School Nurse Corps increases equity in physical and mental health services for students through regional consultation and support for all ESD 112 school districts by:
- Offering school health and nursing consultation benefitting families, administrators, staff, nurses, and community partners.
- Serving as a liaison between OSPI, community health partners and local school districts.
- Assisting OSPI with school health services data collection.
The School Nurse Corps is a lifeline for schools
Without SNC, many children in the state would not have access to a school nurse. Students with asthma, diabetes and other life-threatening conditions now have access to a RN to assist in managing health issues. SNC provides life-saving interventions and ongoing training and supervision.
School Nurse Resource Links
- OSPI health resources by topic A to Z
- Resource Guide
- OSPI Guide to Infectious Diseases in Schools
- Clark County Public Health Communicable Disease Program
(go to Communicable Disease-Resources for Providers-School and Child Day Cares)
- Student Health Services Guidebook
- Guidelines for Medication Administration in Schools
- School health Staff Training guide
- Guidelines for records retention in schools
Note that health records start on P. 67
- Washington State Department of Health Immunization Program
- Immunization Toolkit
- Immunization Action Coalition
Section on parent hand-outs in various languages
- CDC translations of the Vaccine VIS statements
- School Nurse of Washington (SNOW)
- National Association of School Nurses (NASN)
- Washington State Nursing Care Quality Assurance Commission
- Educational Staff Associate (ESA)
- Youth Suicide Prevention Program
All children receive equitable, full access to school nursing services to be healthy, safe and successful in school and life.