Providing specialists to implement comprehensive student assistance programs in schools.
About Student Assistance Prevention-Intervention Services Program (SAPISP)
SAPISP is a comprehensive, integrated model of services that focuses on substance-use prevention and other supports. The program places Student Assistance Professionals in schools to:
- Foster Safe School Environments
- Promote Health
- Prevent alcohol, tobacco, and other drug abuse
Specifically, the SAPISP:
- Provides early alcohol and other drug prevention and intervention services to students and their families.
- Assists in referrals to treatment providers.
- Strengthens the transition back to school for students who have had problems of alcohol and other drug abuse.
- Provides LifeSkills Training program and other evidence based prevention programs to middle schools and high schools to foster substance abuse prevention, intervention, and refusal skills development.
Student Assistance Prevention-Intervention Services Program is a statewide program, administered by ESD 112 in selected Wahkiakum, Cowlitz, Clark, Skamania and Klickitat county middle and high schools. Some school districts manage their own programs and most are funded through the Community Prevention Wellness Initiative (CPWI) model in their community. To learn more about the CPWI model, please see this brochure.
Services may include:
- Screening for high-risk behaviors
- Consultation for parents and staff
- Referrals to community services
- Case management with school team
- School-wide prevention activities
- Professional consultation services
- Informational workshops for parents, school staff, and community members
Prevention Programs & Grants
Programs/Grants administered by Prevention and Youth Services include: