About the Behavioral Health Navigator
Through legislative support, the Behavioral Health Navigator assists school districts within the ESD112 region with the development and implementation of comprehensive suicide prevention and behavioral health support for students. The Behavioral Health Navigator engages in community and state partnerships and collaboration with community partners to increase access to care for youth and families.
Our Behavioral Health Navigator program offers no cost training, consultation and support for suicide prevention, intervention and postvention, as well as behavioral health service and resource navigation.
Our services include:
- Suicide prevention training for school counselors, school psychologists, and school social workers;
- Facilitating partnerships and coordination between existing systems of behavioral health and school districts;
- Assisting school districts in building capacity to identify and support students in need of behavioral health care services;
- Providing Medicaid billing related training, technical assistance, and coordination between school districts; and
- Guidance in implementing best practices in response to, and to recover from, the suicide or attempted suicide of a student.