About the Behavioral Health Navigator
The RSSC behavioral health navigator assists school districts within the ESD 112 region with the development and implementation of comprehensive suicide prevention and behavioral health supports for students with the goal of increasing access to care for youth and families.
The program offers no-cost training, consultation, and support for suicide prevention, intervention, and postvention, as well as behavioral health service and resource navigation.
Our services include:
- Suicide prevention training for school counselors, school psychologists, and school social workers;
- Facilitating partnerships and coordination between existing systems of behavioral health and school districts;
- Assisting school districts in building capacity to identify and support students in need of behavioral health care services;
- Providing Medicaid billing related training, technical assistance, and coordination between school districts; and
- Guidance in implementing best practices in response to, and to recover from, the suicide or attempted suicide of a student.