Providing high quality, cost–effective legal services to school districts.
About Our Attorney
When it comes to school law, attorney Marnie Allen has the experience and insight to help schools find legal solutions. In addition to being accessible, responsive and dependable, Marnie knows how to work with any school district’s strengths and limitations.
Marnie’s experience includes:
- Over 10 years experience working on school district matters
- Broad experience advising and representing government agencies
- Former Washington State Assistant Attorney General, City Attorney & Prosecutor
- Serves as legal counsel at ESD 112 and advises the other eight state-wide ESDs on various matters
Areas of Practice
Areas of Practice/Scope of Work
Marnie’s work for school districts focuses on three areas of expertise…
General Legal Counsel
- Advice, strategic thinking and legal support
- Opinions, analysis and advice regarding federal and state statutes and regulations
- Draft, review and assist with contracts
- Representation in legislative and administrative proceedings
- Advice and representation regarding government laws, such as public contracting, public records, public meetings and conflicts of interest
Capital Facility Plans and School Impact Fees
- Develop ordinances and strategies for city and county adoption of CFPs and impact fees
- Assist with preparation of CFP
- Calculate and defend school impact fees
- Represent district in board meetings, local proceedings and administrative hearings
Real Property, Land Use and SEPA
- Negotiate and draft real property transaction documents
- Represent districts in all phases of real estate and land use proceedings
- Draft, review and support district SEPA decisions and SEPA mitigation requests
Whom Do We Serve?
Marnie has provided legal services to more than 30 school districts and educational agencies, both large and small. Recent and current clients include:
Battle Ground School District
Camas School District
Evergreen School District
Hockinson School District
LaCenter School District
Longview School District
Napavine School District
Naselle-Grays River Valley School District
Onalaska School District
Ridgefield School District
Toledo School District
Trout Lake School District
Washougal School District
Winlock School District
About Our Services
Legal Services for School Districts
ESD 112 facilitates the provision of legal services for school districts through a Legal Services Cooperative. Our attorney’s goal is to provide high quality, cost-effective legal services to school districts. Legal services are provided in the following areas:
- General Legal Counsel
- Capital Facility Plans and School Impact Fees
- Real Property, Land Use and SEPA
Solutions for Peace of Mind
If you have worked in public education for awhile, you know that legal questions arise on a regular basis. Without the advice of experienced legal counsel, these issues can become extremely complex, time consuming and costly.
How can the Legal Cooperative benefit you?
If you are a Board Member, Superintendent, or Business Manager for a school district, you are involved in activities that may have significant legal ramifications for your district, or you may be called upon to make difficult decisions that are governed by a myriad of Federal and State Laws. If your district is a member of the Legal Services Cooperative, you have quick and easy access to a knowledgeable attorney who can answer your questions and provide support and reassurance. As a member of the Legal Services Cooperative, school districts receive affordable, high quality legal advice and representation from our licensed and experienced attorney.
Legal Web Resources
District Sign Up
School Districts that are interested in receiving legal services from Marnie Allen may join the ESD 112 Legal Services Cooperative. For information regarding the Cooperative, please contact:
Recent Job Openings
Click on a link below to view the job opening or search for all available positions.
School Psychologist (ESA)
Early Care and Education Behavior Specialist
Enterprise Content Management Developer
Director of Fiscal Services
Special Education Teacher (2020-2021 School Year)
Special Education Teacher (2020-2021 Anticipated...
Early Care and Education Mental Health Consultant
Early Intervention Special Education Teacher