School districts across Southwest Washington are now enrolling kindergarten students for the 2021-22 school year. While school may continue to look different in some respects because of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, classes (a combination of both in-person and remote learning) will still begin in the fall.
Families with children who are five years of age by August 31, should start the enrollment process now. Begin by checking the Geographic Information Systems (GIS) website in your county of residence (links to Clark County and Cowlitz County GIS sites are included here) to determine your assigned school district. Then contact that school district to determine specific enrollment steps. In most cases, kindergarten enrollment can be completed online.
After a child has been registered for kindergarten in their assigned district, most districts conduct a school visit, but during the pandemic this visitation may be conducted virtually. You can find out a district’s process and protocols by getting in touch with your district of residence.
Clark & Cowlitz County School District Contact Information:
- Battle Ground Public Schools: Kindergarten Enrollment
- Camas School District: New Student Registration
- Castle Rock School District: Contact the Primary Office 360-501-2900 or enroll online
- Evergreen Public Schools Elementary Education: Evergreen Kindergarten enrollment 360-604-4024
- Hockinson School District: New Student Enrollment
- Kalama School District: Kindergarten Registration
- Kelso School District: New Student Online Enrollment
- La Center School District: Kindergarten Registration
- Longview Public Schools: Student Enrollment
- Ridgefield School District: Kindergarten Registration
- Toutle Lake School District: Contact Toutle Lake Elementary at 360-274-6142
- Vancouver Public Schools: Visit the website to register online and for more information, including summer Kindergarten Jump Start.
- Washougal School District: New Student Registration
- Woodland School District: Student enrollment Webpage or contact Jody Brentin, District Registrar at email@example.com or (360) 841-2707