A three-part series coming in October
What leadership moves can we implement to disrupt and dismantle inequitable practices and systems so that all students have equitable access to resources and achieve at high levels?
During this leadership course, participants will:
- Deepen understanding of “equity” and “racial equity” related to strengthening student educational outcomes.
- Name and identify cultural filters, stereotypes, biases and judgments.
- Engage in experiential learning activities that may be used to engage members of a school community in the work of racial equity that impacts students learning.
- Examine potential inconsistencies between and among beliefs, language, and actions regarding racial equity in student learning.
- Identify a core racial equity challenge in their work.
- Apply new learning to build capacity around engaging in conversations anchored in racial equity.
Intended audience: School or District Teams, Teacher Leaders, Administrators, and District Leaders
Presenter: Nikum Pon, PhD
Friday, Oct. 13, 2017
Friday, Oct. 20, 2017
Wednesday, Oct. 25, 2017
Time: 8:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
Location: ESD 112 Conference & Institute Center
2500 NE 65th Avenue, Vancouver WA 98661
- 18 clock hours available.
- Includes light breakfast and lunch.
Register online until October 6, 2017: