Now that school has started, it is a good time to ensure that your staff bulletin boards include all the current posters required by the state and federal governments.
Display posters in each district building where employees work including schools, the district office, maintenance building and bus garage in a location where they can easily be seen and read.
The following posters are required per Washington State Department of Labor and Industries. Links to the Washington posters are located here:
- Job Safety & Health Law (F416-081-909) Valid date: 09/2015
- Your Rights as a Worker (F700-074-909) Valid date: 04/2015
- Notice to Employees – If a Job Injury Occurs – Self Insurance Poster (F207-037-909) Valid date: 12/2012
Please be sure to complete the Notice to Employees form with the name and phone number of your employer contact. Your district is a self-insured business, so be sure to post the Notice to Employees poster for self-insured businesses and not the state fund poster.
Other employee-related required/recommended postings
- Unemployment Benefits Poster
- Equal Opportunity Employment is the Law (also covers Americans with Disabilities Act)
- Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) Federal Minimum Wage Poster
- Employee Rights and Responsibilities Under the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
- Employee Polygraph Protection Act
- Your Rights Under USERRA – The Uniformed Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act
- Washington State Law Prohibits Discrimination in Employment
- Affordable Care Act
If you are missing any of the listed posters, you can download and print them free of charge from the appropriate agencies websites. If your district has any questions about the displaying of workplace posters, please call an ESD 112 Loss Control Specialist at (360) 750-7504.