School Safety Coordination
The RSSC provides comprehensive school safety coordination that works with school districts to support emergency operations planning. Comprehensive safety coordination utilizes the RSSC network of support in threat assessment and behavioral health to offer a multi-layered approach that addresses training, pre-planning, community relationship-building, and real-time support in an emergency.
RSSC’s comprehensive safety coordinator provides the services necessary for schools to comply with comprehensive safe school planning under RCW 28A.320.125.
- Services necessary for comprehensive safe school planning under RCW 28A.320.125
- Planning, coordination, and/or delivery of other school district staff trainings related to school safety issues, in order to maximize quality professional learning
- Assistance with coordinating other entities in the region to provide support to school districts before emergencies occur
- Facilitation in the development of collaborative relationships with community organizations, private schools, businesses, and others interested in supporting safe schools
- Information about systems and programs that allow anonymous reporting of student concerns
- Real-time support and assistance for school districts in crisis, such as offering information, technical assistance associated with best practices, and staff trained in responding to school emergencies
- Technical assistance to school districts seeking funding for first aid, health, and safety and security resources
- Services consistent with other state and federal school safety requirements