Regional Math Services
Regional Math Coordinators at each of the nine ESDs in Washington are part of a statewide system developed to improve instruction and increase student achievement in mathematics. This program has been funded by the Washington State Legislature since 2008.
Statewide, Regional Math Coordinators work together to:
- Provide timely updates on state and local initiatives
- Contribute to statewide initiatives and projects
- Connect interested educators with opportunities to be involved
- Coordinate the Washington State Mathematics Fellows program
- Design, deliver, and organize in-person and online professional learning opportunities for math educators and instructional leaders
- Facilitate communication and partnership among K-12 educators, higher-education, community and local businesses
- Curate and share relevant resources and tools to support successful implementation of math standards, and promote best practices for assessment and instruction
Regionally, we provide customized support for district and school mathematics initiatives. Whether you are seeking a one-day course for teachers, or you are in need of longer-term support to improve math learning outcomes we can provide a wide-range of services and assistance. Common requests include:
- Design and implement professional learning for teachers, coaches, or administrators
- Provide consultation and guidance to district or school math leaders
- Facilitate teams of teachers to analyze student work, observe classroom practice, or create long or short-range plans for mathematics
- Conduct classroom demonstrations or observations, and provide feedback and coaching for teachers
- Support implementation of PBL and integrated learning
- Support the instructional materials review process
Have a need?
Just ask! If we can’t help, we will do our best to connect you with someone that can.