Loss control staff focus their efforts towards building a risk management environment at each one of our member’s facilities.
Loss Control Services
As consultants to our member school districts, loss control staff focuses their efforts towards building a risk management environment at each one of our member’s facilities. Loss control staff work directly with our member school districts and provide them with risk control services and resources designed to help reduce exposure to potential loss and control loss-related expenses.
- Comprehensive facility surveys focused on safety and liability exposures
- Standards compliance assessments of required safety programs
- Review of specific operations and activities
- Employee safety training, both in-person and web-based
- Risk management workshops
- Accident investigation to determine cause and to recommend corrective actions
- Informational bulletins and newsletters on various risk management issues
- Job Hazard Analysis
- School Emergency Operations Plan assistance and review
- Safety Committee consultation
- Playground inspections by Certified Playground Safety Inspectors
- Pressure vessel inspections
- Ergonomic assessments
- Participation with various school-related organizations
In an effort to help reduce losses, ESD 112 Insurance Programs is committed to providing risk management consultation services to member districts.
Risk Assessment Survey
Risk Assessment Survey
2018-19 School District Employee Safety Management Assessment
In the Fall of 2018 we will be introducing our newest Risk Assessment Survey that will focus on safety management. Once introduced, reference materials and resources will be posted here for school district use.
The key to preventing harm to school employees is to establish an effective safety program. The safety program should be tailored to the specific needs of your school and must meet established compliance standards. This assessment will be an effort to provide school districts with best practices for the prevention of employee injuries.
The materials are a collection of best practices and resources, assembled to provide your district with assistance through the process of developing your district’s own unique policies and procedures. The information provided is not intended to replace professional legal advice.
Who to Contact
If you have a question about any of our insurance programs or services, please reach out to:
Director of Insurance Programs
Risk Management Matters
Sign up for our Risk Management Matters newsletter to get the latest tips right in your inbox!