Nominations are now being accepted for ESD 112’s 2024 Teacher of the Year and Classified School Employee of the Year. Each award is presented to an exceptional teacher and classified school employee in Southwest Washington every year. The winner of the regional awards will proceed to the prestigious Washington State competition in the fall.
School districts and community members are encouraged to submit nominations on the combined nomination form from OSPI. The deadline for nominations is March 1, 2023.
Teacher of the Year Selection Criteria:
- The teacher has the respect of their community.
- The teacher is knowledgeable in their field and guides students of all backgrounds and abilities to achieve excellence.
- The teacher collaborates with colleagues, students, and families to create a school culture of respect and success.
- The teacher deliberately connects the classroom and key stakeholders to foster a strong community at large.
- The teacher demonstrates leadership and innovation inside and outside of the classroom walls that embodies lifelong learning.
- The teacher expresses themselves in an engaging and effective way.
Classified School Employee of the Year Selection Criteria:
- The educator’s work is recognized as exceptional, and they have the respect and admiration of their community.
- The educator is committed to professional growth and building deeper connections between schools and communities.
- The educator collaborates with colleagues, students, and families to create a school culture of respect, success, and care for others.
- The educator is a leader who makes connections between their daily work and student success.
Teacher of the Year and Classified School Employee of the Year are two of the most prestigious honors in the region. School districts and community members are encouraged to submit nominations for outstanding service to their districts.