Purchasing Power for 21st Century Schools.
The DigitalEdge Purchasing Program at ESD 112 provides competitively bid contracts on educational technology solutions, wireless mobile devices, audio-visual solutions, high-tech products, school safety solutions, and STEM, STEAM products in twelve western states.
What we do
DigitalEdge contracts are available for “eligible purchaser’s” at K-12 public and private schools, colleges and universities, regional service agencies, and state departments of education. “Eligible purchaser’s” should complete a purchasing interlocal agreement if their governing laws require they have an ILA. In addition, state laws authorize “piggybacking” off a bid that was competitively procured by another public agency in accordance with that agency’s bid laws.
Benefits of DigitalEdge Purchasing Contracts for Educational Organizations
What are the benefits of using the DigitalEdge purchasing program contracts? The DigitalEdge Purchasing Program at Educational Service District 112 (ESD 112) provides competitively bid contracts on educational technology, wireless mobile devices, audio-visual equipment and school safety solutions that are available to “eligible purchasers” in twelve western states, including K-12 public and private schools, colleges and universities, regional service agencies and state departments of education.
Since DigitalEdge began in 2002, $86.6 million in educational technology solutions has been sold to eligible purchasers through the DigitalEdge purchasing program. Membership is not required for purchasers to be able to participate in our contracts. State laws authorize “piggybacking” off of a bid that was competitively procured by another public agency in accordance with that agency’s bid laws. School districts may purchase off the DigitalEdge contract without publishing their own bid. All interested organizations are advised to check their governing laws and to obtain their own legal counsel to determine eligibility for purchasing products through the DigitalEdge contracts. A school district that determines it is eligible to use the DigitalEdge contracts can request an Interlocal Agreement by contacting the DigitalEdge office at 360-952-3415.
The twelve DigitalEdge western states include:
- New Mexico
The purchasing menu on the DigitalEdge website provides product and price information, instructions for interlocal agreements and piggybacking, and instructions on how to purchase from DigitalEdge.
Product Lines on the DigitalEdge Contracts
- Wireless Devices: Chromebooks, Laptops, Tablets, Notebooks, Accessories, Covers and Cases
- Mobile Device Management Systems
- Audio-Visual Equipment
- Amplification Systems
- STEM/STEAM Solutions: Including Probes, Sensors, Robotics ,3-D products, Makerspace etc.
- Document Cameras
- Flat Panel Displays
- Projectors and Screens
- Integrated Interactive Classroom Solutions
- Charging Carts and Storage Solutions
- Learning Software and Apps
- School Safety Solutions
- And Other Solutions
Should you have any questions regarding DigitalEdge contracts, please contact:
Project Coordinator, DigitalEdge
The DigitalEdge website features selected products within the product categories listed under the product tab. The complete catalog of all awarded products on the DigitalEdge contracts is available in the contract description and price list section under the products menu tab. Individual Awarded Vendor catalogs for the #15A, #15B, #16A, 18A and #19A contracts are available under the catalogs menu tab.
- #ESD112-DE-15A – Chromebooks and Related Solutions
- #ESD112-DE-15B – School Safety Solutions
- #ESD112-DE-16A – Educational Technology, Wireless Devices, and Audio-Visual Equipment
- #ESD112-DE-18A – STEM/STEAM: Solutions for Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, Design, and Mathematics
- #ESD112-DE-19A – Chromebooks, Chrome OS Devices, and Related Solutions
A complete catalog listing of individual DigitalEdge vendors is provided under the contract menu on the DigitalEdge website.
Purchasing Interlocal Agreements
How do I utilize the ESD 112 Purchasing Contracts?
Review the legal requirements for your organization to ensure eligibility for using these contracts. Some state laws and agency regulations require the use of an Interlocal Agreement when one public agency is relying on another public agency’s competitively procured contracts. ESD 112 will provide an Interlocal Agreement to any eligible purchaser who requests one.
Before proceeding to step 2, check the Signed Interlocal Agreements section of this page to learn whether your district has a Purchasing Agreement on file with ESD 112. However, it is recommended that all school districts complete a new Interlocal Agreement.
Effective August 15, 2017, ESD 112 is updating the Interlocal Agreement form. Please follow the instructions below to complete the new electronic signature ILA.
Access link to ESD 112’s Interlocal Agreement form (electronic form) for all ESD 112 competitive purchasing contracts.
- Complete all fields requested on the form and follow the prompts on the website to submit the completed form.
- The completed form, upon submittal, will be forwarded to the program contact individual for review.
- When the review is completed, it is forwarded for school districts authorized signature.
- Email confirmations are sent to the submitter following each step of the process.
- Once the school district signs and electronically submits the request to ESD 112, the accounting office will review and forward the ILA form to our superintendent for the final signature.
- The final signed Interlocal Agreement will be electronically generated and sent to your program contact and notice contact (authorized signer).
- School districts and ESD 112 shall keep the signed Interlocal Agreement on file for reference.
Notification will be sent from Educational Service District 112 (ESD 112) at the end of 5 years for renewal of ILA’s. For example, ILA’s signed by September 1, 2017, have a term end date of August 31, 2022, at which time the renewal notice would be sent to the respective school district.
To get more information for making purchases through these contracts, refer to the contact information for each contract identified on the tab entitled Contracts.
Signed Purchasing Interlocal Agreements
Below is a listing, by state, of Interlocal Agreements signed with Educational Service District 112 (ESD 112) for all Purchasing contracts. If your district or agency signed an Interlocal Agreement with ESD 112 prior to January 2010, you are encouraged to update the Agreement so your district can take advantage of all the ESD 112’s purchasing contracts available.
Beginning August 15, 2017, ESD 112 will roll out new ILA electronic signature forms by selected states, eventually being rolled out to all states in order to replace current ILA’s.
- Alaska Interlocal Agreement
- Colorado Interlocal Agreement
- Idaho Interlocal Agreement
- Montana Interlocal Agreement
- New Mexico Interlocal Agreement
- Oregon Interlocal Agreement
- Washington Interlocal Agreements
- Wyoming Interlocal Agreement
- Other States Interlocal Agreements
Please follow the steps outlined on this page to update your current Purchasing Interlocal Agreement (ILA).