What is Zoom?
Zoom is a desktop and mobile device-based videoconferencing solution that includes interactive video, audio, screen sharing, chat and local recording features. Zoom works on multiple platforms including Windows, Mac, Chrome OS, iOS and Android devices. While Zoom is intended to be used on a single device, it can be transformed into a group/classroom system with the additional use of a projector, group microphone, speakers and camera.
What can you do with Zoom?
- Engage in an interactive high-definition (HD) video/audio conference with up to 50 other sites.
- Pre-schedule sessions (including a calendar invitation) or launch them on the fly.
- Share desktops, videos, documents and websites during the videoconference.
- Create breakout sessions that allow attendees to work, learn and collaborate in small groups during the meeting.
- Draw directly on the shared screen so notations are visible to all attendees.
- Record your meetings/class sessions for others to watch at a later time.
- Send text and voice messages, files or images with groups or individuals.
Who needs a Zoom Pro license?
Only a person who hosts an online video conference with Zoom needs a Zoom Pro license. The host needs a license in order to schedule an online video conference, invite others to the video conference, allow participants into the virtual meeting room, and facilitate the meeting.
Please Note: Anyone can participate in a Zoom video conference without a Zoom Pro license. It is only the host of the video conference that needs a license.