The ECEAP Program
ECEAP includes preschool education, health services coordination, and family support services. Children who participate in the program learn to manage their feelings, get along with others and follow classroom routines. They build the beginning skills for reading, math and science. The program works closely with parents to support their children’s health and education and to meet family goals. ECEAP also helps families access medical and dental care and social services.
The program includes:
- Preschool instruction
- Developmental screenings and referrals
- Nutritious meals and snacks
- Health and dental screenings
- Home Visits
- Parent Leadership Opportunities
- Family Events
- Kindergarten Readiness Activities
- Transportation provided in some service areas
Children are accepted into ECEAP based on their age, family income, and other developmental or environmental risk factors.