DigitalEdge vendors and manufacturers are offering free online teaching and learning resources to assist educational organizations with the current challenge of online learning. The following resources are currently available:
SAM Labs Inc
STEAM and Learn to Code courses are available for free. The following lessons are available through this google drive link.
- Grade 2 Lesson 1 – Compose a song
- Grade 2 Lesson 4- Interactive Story
- Grade 2 Lesson 8- Reduce, Reuse, Recycle
- Grade 2 Lesson 10-Time’s Up Lesson
- Grade 3 Lesson 6- Prime Factors
- Grade 3 Lesson 9- Survival of the Fittest
- Grade 4 Lesson 5-Morse Code
- Grade 4 Lesson 8- Apostrophe
- Grade 4 Lesson 10- Prime Numbers
- Grade 4 Lesson 12- Energy Transfer
- Grade 5 Lesson 10- Passcode
Sam Labs is also offering STEAM lessons that families can access for free through the SAM Space app. The lessons work though the virtual blocks in the app and do not require hardware blocks. The app and content are free, just download the app from the app store to use!
Professional Development for Teachers
SAM Labs Professional Development cultivates educators’ knowledge, skills and mindsets preparing them to lead STEAM and Coding initiatives in their classrooms, clubs and makerspaces. Virtual sessions are currently free for the following courses:
Level 1 Courses:
- “Getting Started with SAM Labs:” What do I need to know and be able to do to start teaching with SAM Labs?
- “Purpose & Pedagogy:” What big ideas and pedagogical concepts enable learning?
Level 2 Courses:
- “Hands-on, Minds-on Teaching with SAM Labs:” How do I cultivate learning and mastery within and across lessons?
- “Implementing SAM Labs in Context:” How can all of my students thrive?
To learn more about our virtual courses and becoming SAM Labs Certified Educators, or if you have questions, please feel free to contact our Education Consultants, Emily and Mackenzie at: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
Mathspace is offering FREE access to the full Mathspace platform to all schools and districts who are closed or are facing closures due to the outbreak. This includes access to the following:
- Complete Digital Textbook
- Adaptive and Custom Tasks as well as the new Diagnostic Tool
- We are extending licenses to all teachers and students through the end of the school year. If your school has students or teachers who are not currently using Mathspace, but who you would like to get signed up, we would love to support you. Submit your school (or class) for free access through this link: https://mathspace.co/coronavirus
- Webinars available each week to support teachers and answers questions. Once you have a Mathspace account, you will be able to schedule you own webinar PD with the Mathspace team.
Online Teaching and Learning
Free training videos are aimed at helping teachers quickly spin up online classes. These online videos are provided by Josh Ratliff, Professional Learning Specialist.
Distance Learning Resources
Free access to SMART LearningSuite Online is available to all schools affected by the coronavirus outbreak. SMART Learning Suite Online enables students to connect remotely to live lessons delivered by teachers and engage in real-time with lesson activities.
- Sign-up here for full access
- This website link outlines the options SMART Technology offers from free software to webinars to content.
- Parent Dashboard link provides ways to engage your children in meaningful learning activities.
MyViewBoard is available for free to K-12 Schools, Colleges, and Universities to help with this extended timeframe for distance learning needs. MyViewBoard enables teachers to conduct distance learning and teaching through an open and agnostic platform. It is designed to be easy to use and allows real-time collaboration through video and audio conferencing, and digital whiteboarding.
FrontRows’ lesson capture software is an easy-to-use solution that enables educators to capture their lessons for students to access online. The software records audio and video presented on the computer and converts it into an mp4 file, which can be shared to your desired online destination so students can access the lesson from home.
A download of the 45-day trial of the Teacher Edition software is available at FrontRow’s website. If you wish to continue using the software after the 45-day trial, email firstname.lastname@example.org to request a license code. FrontRow will be provided at no charge or product commitment.